Thursday, May 20, 2010

Phuket Blogging... First post.

After much thought and as I seem to have more time on my hands these days, I have decided to start writing a blog. The main topic will be about life in and around Phuket, Thailand. But knowing me I will probably slide off the subject and into various other topics... but whatever it is I hope it is interesting and you continue to follow me on my travels through life.



I am originally from London and at this time I am 29 years old. Over the past four and a half years I have been living out in South East Asia, four years of which was spent in Kuala Lumpur the capital city of Malaysia, then for the last 4-5 months I have been here on the amazingly beautiful island of Phuket.

KL was a great place to live but after visiting Thailand a few times on holiday I seemed to just love it more and more, so finally decided to take the plunge and go for it.

Life in Phuket is fantastic and is so relaxed and chilled out, much more relaxed than anywhere I have lived before. That being said I have only ever lived in Major cities like Kuala Lumpur and London – Well apart from when I lived in the tiny town of Ballina located in the west of Ireland in county Mayo.

When I first visited Phuket in May 2007 I stayed in Patong and didn’t really know anything else about Phuket other than the crazy tourist packed beach and the amazing unique nightlife that Patong is so famous for.

But since I actually moved here I have discovered that Phuket has so much more to offer and I guess that’s one of the reasons I am writing this blog. To show everyone that Phuket is and should be one of the top places to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment